Having a toy hauler allows you to travel with your family and enjoy the great outdoors while taking the comforts of home with you. No matter where you plan to travel, even the best thought out travel plans can sometimes go astray. When they do you will be glad that you thought ahead and got a well rounded RV insurance policy for your toy hauler camper.
Here are some of the things you should consider when deciding upon your toy hauler RV insurance:
- Don’t assume the contents of your toy hauler or bike RV are covered just because you have an RV insurance policy. Most policy’s limit what they will cover inside your toy hauler.
- If you are carrying expensive toys inside your toy hauler, make sure your policy includes theft coverage. Many toys are highly sought after by thieves.
- Standard insurance policies often offer a limited amount of coverage for roadside assistance and towing and the cost of towing an RV may be as much as 3 times the cost of towing a car.
- You can get RV insurance under a standard auto policy or get specialty RV insurance. Specialty RV insurance is more likely to take into account some of the aforementioned items. In the case that something happens you will be more likely to get a claims adjuster who focuses solely on RV insurance cases.
- Specialty RV insurance policies often offer coverage for Vacation Liability which pays up to the limit of liability for injuries the RV owner is legally responsible as a result of an accident occurring during the time an RV is used as a temporary vacation residence.
If you are in the market for a new toy hauler, check out our custom toy hauler options. You can also see pictures of our toy haulers by clicking on the gallery tab at the top of the page.